Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 9 January 2009

Happy 2009!


It was nice being in Houston for Christmas and to celebrate the New Year. We enjoyed our 20 day visit and crammed as much as possible into those days.

The first few days were filled with doctor appointments and last minute Christmas shopping. Steve wants to know how I spent $1,500 at Wal-Mart. All I can say is I’m not too sure, but I am sure I did. I had to load up on six boxes of Velveeta cheese, batteries, a Leapster for Brantley’s birthday, and all that fun stuff that you can’t get or is a little pricey in the UK.

We spent the majority of the time going back and forth from my parents on the north side of town to Steve’s parents on the south side of town. I finally got smart and started splitting the boys up. Brantley stayed with my parents most of the time and Brady stayed with Steve’s parents. It is a lot easier to take care of one boy versus having them together. I was so happy to get a couple of shopping days, a hair and nail day, two girl’s nights and a tea room lunch, and a movie night with Stephen. I love my kids, but I am with them all the time. It is nice to do things without any children.

While I was out shopping or going to doctor’s appointments, Stephen was playing with his Corvettes or buddies. Stephen made a late night run to L'auberge Du Lac with his high school buddies. They also had several get togethers at Kevin’s casa. I have to commit on what an awesome house Kevin has too! I am sure they were playing video games in the “movie room.”

We had at least three Christmas events. The Hollis Pre-Christmas gift opening, the Haden gift opening, and then Christmas day at Stan’s for the traditional turkey dinner. It is pretty much a blur as to exactly what we did, but we were busy. Stephen and I hit the Polo Outlet one day, we upgraded my diamond earrings and bought me a new watch, we spent a night at the farm, and we stopped by the condo to check it out.






The Cousins






Hollis Farm Fun


New Years we went to Saltgrass with Jeff and Laurie. I had the fillet mignon and it was delicious. I had a great time at Heather’s New Years party even if we left super early. Laurie and Jeff had us over the next night and we got to see Todd, Amy, and their newest addition, precious Avery. I wish I had taken a picture of Avery’s adorable outfit! Unfortunately, I didn’t take as many pictures as usual on this trip.


Brady (9 months) had his first haircut in Pearland, Texas.




Fun in the Haden Lot:

Then before we knew it, we were headed back to Scotland loaded down with two babies, eight suitcases, and a car seat. It was fun to be with family and friends back in Houston, but it was nice to get back too. Brantley was so excited to be back at “My House” and play with all his toys.

No comments: