It has already been a week since our journey back across the ocean. Brady is almost into a routine, but I had to throw in Almost. I am hiding out on the computer hoping Stephen got him asleep. Brady teased me by going down at eight tonight, but then he got up and watched a movie with me. He mostly crawled around. There is a reason my nickname for Brady is “Wiggle Worm.”
I lost a couple of productive days being sick and tried to sleep as much as possible the first couple of days we got back. It was hard sleeping with a wide awake baby at one and two in the morning. We finally went to the doctor and discovered Brady had an ear infection again. He was on an antibiotic in Houston for an ear infection. I had fluid in my ear, but the doctor didn’t give me an antibiotic. I am just now feeling back to normal.
The good news is we had a few sunny days, but there are always the dreary days as well. I have slowly unpacked our eight bags. I still have two bags to go; a bag with more of the kid’s clothes and another big bag with more kid’s toys. The kids are stocked up!
Last Friday, Brady and I went to the doctor. Then, the boys and I went to the American Mom and Tots. This is always my favorite part of the week except I only lasted an hour or so this week because both Brady and I were somewhat miserable with our jet lag ear infections.
Saturday, the refrigerator stopped working. The leasing lady had to come by and confiscate all our frozen food. I put all our regular cold refrigerator items in the kid’s little wagon and stuck it outside in the cold weather to stay fresh.
Sunday, we meet the Cobb’s for some bowling. The kids were better bowlers than me, which is really sad. I am usually a pretty decent bowler too. It was fun to get out and play.
Monday, the refrigerator is fixed (halleluiah).
Tuesday - Today, we went to the community center for Toddler Group. Brantley always gets upset when Carson isn’t there, so I had to hear Brantley ask for Carson a million times today.
I turned in the paperwork for Brady to start nursery next month. He will go from 8am – 1pm every Thursday. They only had a Friday opening for Brantley, so he is on the waiting list for another day. We enjoy the Friday American Mom & Tots too much to miss it. I am planning on having Brantley join a playgroup on Thursday mornings, so I might actually have a kid free Thursday morning next month!
Brantley had the biggest poop diaper imaginable and as I am going to throw the dirty diaper out, Brantley decides to powder his brother. As I yell at him to stop, he continues with a second puff of powder on Brady’s head. It was so funny and sad that I had to grab my camera.
Then Caroline, our cute 16 year old neighbor, comes over because she forgot her key. Brantley loved having her over for an hour. He was such a flirt trying to sit in her lap and get her attention.
Brady Update: 9 Months and another bottom tooth came in yesterday. Brady has his two upper front teeth and three bottom teeth now.
So, that’s where all my time has gone. Today was a good day. We got our frozen food back, Brady took a two hour nap, I watched “Maid of Honour”, and I am on the computer without holding a baby. It looks like Stephen got Brady to sleep. Brantley is easy, he has been asleep for hours. Now, it is my turn to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment