Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, 25 January 2009

Aviemore

We decided to drive up to Aviemore yesterday. Aviemore should have been a two hour drive north, but we took the major scenic route and it took us over three hours to get there. We didn’t even leave the house until a little before noon, so it was our typical late start. That has become our typical time to leave the house whenever we have a day trip. We have to make sure the weather looks good, clean the house, and we usually have lunch before we leave. I packed sandwiches to eat in the car on this trip.


The drive up was beautiful! We were in the Kia, our super small car, and I was a little scared at times. The hills were so high that we weren’t sure the little car was going to make it up the hills at times. I’m super paranoid about that kind of stuff and it didn’t help having Steve tell me it smelled like the car was burning up.

The boys were really good riding in the car for so long. The only major problem was Brady’s huge blow out. I had to change his clothes it was so bad.



This is where we stopped to take pictures and Brady had his blow out. This is Brady's second outfit and I didn't put a onesie on him after the blow out. I like onesies because his big belly sticks out like in this picture without one.

We finally made it to our destination at 2:30 and checked out the place we are going to stay next month. We ate at Subway and grabbed some brochures at the information center. Then Steve and Brantley played in a playground that was pretty much frozen. I decided to stay in the car with Brady and miss out on all that fun. I forgot to mention experiencing the pay to pee toilets. Twenty P (pence) and you get to pee. Subway didn’t have any facilities, so you could go to Tesco, the grocery store, or pay at the public toilet.

So, we basically drove for hours to eat at a Subway. I had my first steak and cheese sandwich at this Subway, and I enjoyed every bite. It was worth getting out of the house on a nice day and seeing the beautiful views. We decided that it is too hard on the boys to do that much driving in one day. That was lesson one learned. Lesson number two is never drive after five around here unless it is on a dual carriage way or just in town. It was extremely dark by 4:45. I honestly saw my life flash before me when I saw headlights coming straight for us. A car was trying to pass another car and almost ran into us. Steve had to swerve the car in order for us to stay alive. It was just another adventure in Scotland I guess. Thankfully, the good Lord wants me around a little longer. That is the third close call since I have been here. It has only happened once while I was driving, just for clarification. My mom got to experience the other two close calls during her visit with us.

After all that adventure, I didn’t even leave the house today. The kids, husband, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and trying to watch Mama Mia occupied all my time today. It is around my typical blogging time of 1am. I need to catch up with everyone. I really need to call my mom tomorrow. Okay, I’ll stop making this my personal to do list and say, “Cheers Y’all!”

No comments: