This has been a long week. I can hardly remember getting up early Monday morning to get the stitches in my leg removed. The divot in my leg, where they took a chunk out to make sure they got all the melanoma, is healing nicely. The report came back melanoma free, and I just have a nice four inch scar to remind me of the naughty cancer mole. Next, was our last yummy hamburger from Jake's and then off to my parents to do some crazy fast last minute packing. We spent the night at Stephen's parents because it was close to the dermatologist and then headed back across town to my parents. I managed to jam my last minute necessities from Walmart into our bags and we headed to the airport with our 7 bags and double stroller.
After a cancer scare, a nine hour flight to Paris should be easy, right? Well, we still had to give Brantley a dose of Benadryl. I took care of Brady and Stephen tried his best to keep Brantley in line. Benadryl and the DVD player my parents let us take were a real life saver. The transfer in Paris was somewhat of a nightmare. They didn't give us our stroller, so I carried 17lb Brady and Stephen carried the diaper bag, video camera, and Brantley's toy backpack while trying to keep up with Brantley too. Brantley ran off several times, and it was not fun having to take stairs and ride two or three different buses to finally get to the plane.
It is already Thursday and I can hardly remember the time in between. I have been a walking zombie, and I am just now getting back to normal. I had groceries delivered to the house yesterday and managed to unpack a few suitcases, but I still have a lot to unpack.
Today was fun and the people here are so nice. I turned my phone on and the neighbor next door texted the nicest message welcoming us home. Salli, one of the nicest people I have ever met, picked me and the kids up for a Mom & Tots get together in Portlethen. Brantley acted shy and out of it for awhile, but then he warmed up and had a great time. Brady was great as usual, but he did have a stinky diaper. That is the only thing I can complain about regarding my sweet butterball baby. The hostess, Rhonda, made a great brisket. I am going to have to check out a brisket from Asda because I haven't been able to find it at Tesco, where we typically grocery shop.
That is about it for now. Brady has been asleep for three hours, ever since we got home. Brantley is watching t.v. right now, but I let him drive his tractor to the duck pond when we got home. I just popped Brady in his stroller and he was able to stay in his car seat for the quick ride over to the duck pond and back. It is a little too quiet right now; I better go check on the boys. After that, I need to start dinner and finish unpacking.
Friday, 11 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment