Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 20 June 2008

The Get Away with AmMa & PaPa

The boys were so good on our long ten day trip, we got back Wed., June 18th! The first night we stayed at Lauberge de Lac in Lake Charles. PaPa took Brantley swiming the next morning. We had a pool view, so my mom and I watched PaPa try to keep up with Brantley as he ran around the pools and lazy river. Brantley is a fast one and he was able to get away from PaPa more than once. I am so glad Stacie and Jeff let Brantley have Aaron's life vest; it was a life saver for Brantley and saved me from several heart attacks, as I watched from our hotel window. Brantley jumped into the pool several times all by himself!

Next stop, New Orleans. We stayed three nights in a suite at Harrahs that had an excellent view of the Mississpii River. This hotel did not have a pool, so we spent a lot of time walking around. I love having a double stroller. My mom and I took the boys to the Aquarium. The second day we went to the IMAX and shopped a little. I played the penny slots with my dad one night and won $50! The best dinner was at Ruth Chris Steak House while both boys slept in the double stroller.

Final destination, Biloxi. We stayed six nights. The time went by really quickly. Brantley loved swimming in the pool, riding around with PaPa on his Segway, and he even got to ride his tractor on the beach. The best dinner here was at LB Steak House on Father's Day. I actually think the steak was better than Ruth Chris here and the crab was wonderful. It definitely beats my cooking! So, as usual, I love to talk about eating and my second favorite hobby, shopping. I got plenty of both on our trip. They had an outlet! My mom and I took the boys and had an entire day of shopping. Polo, Gymbore, Stride Rite, Ann Taylor, Children's Place, Coach, and a few others that I spent with our good ole' dollar. Hey, it bets paying with pounds any day! Thankfully, my dad hit a big jack pot and gave me some extra spending money.

Overall, we had a good time. Brady was excellent and Brantley was a typical two year old. I wish I could bottle up Brantley's energy and sell it; all that excitement is fun and exhausting to run after!

The Big Question: What is a Segway? My dad's new way of getting around. It is an expensive contraption that has every old person with knee problems saying, "I need one of those." I heard that from at least 100 people it seemed like.

With all the fun, I almost forgot to mention that I got a call from the dermatologist during our trip. The mole I had scrapped off came back with melanoma. So, yesterday I had a big chunk of skin taken out where the mole was, just to make sure they got it all. It is a blessing that they found the skin cancer in the early stage! It should be fine now!! You can still say a couple of prayers just in case.... Love Ya and Good Night. Stephen flies in tomorrow. I will try to post pictures tomorrow too.

No comments: