We have been back in Aberdeen for five nights and we are still working on a routine. Dinner is a routine, but the time is not that consistent. Tuesday was our first night back and we shared a Chefboyardee lasagna microwave dinner. I managed to get a few in our suitcases just for this special occasion, ha, ha. I think Brantley had corn and crackers that night. I remember eating tuna fish and crackers for an 1am snack. Tuesday was the worst for me because I was exhausted and Brantley wanted to play and refused to go to sleep. We watched videos in his bed and the next thing I new, it was 5am and I finally got to get in my bed. Wednesday, the so call routine started where we all had dinner together right around 6pm. Stephen picked up Chinese food on his way home from work. I managed to order food online and our delivery was right on time Thursday morning. I think ordering groceries online is the way to go! Stephen and I both hate to shop here. The grocery carts are hard to maneuver and the stores always seem to be crowed here. Not only that, but you have to sack your own groceries, and I don’t find that fun. It must be pretty bad if I don’t want to shop because that was my favorite hobby back in Texas. Thursday, Brantley had chicken hot dogs and corn and I had left over Chinese food. I heated up chicken breast, french fries, and corn for Stephen. Friday, I made some quick and easy Ole Elpaso chicken enchiladas. We had the left overs for Saturday too.
Why go through the menu, you may ask? Well, I am mainly trying to figure out where the last couple of days have gone. I still have two suitcases down stairs and piles of clothes to put up, and Stephen keeps asking me what I have been doing during the day. I was just proud to have gotten two of the huge suitcases up the stairs to start unpacking. Well, I wish I could say I have been taking naps and resting, but that is so not the case. Things that consume my time: laundry, diapers, cleaning up after Brantley’s many snacks, bathing the boys, and barely talking on the web cam. Stephen likes to dominate the web cam; even when I am talking to my parents, so I am not even doing that too much. I think it is time to invest in a nanny, and I think that could really help me out.
So, how can I write all this? The boys are really good at times! Brantley has been super sweet this morning and even ate two pancakes. Brantley is watching Mickey Mouse downstairs and Brady is sitting in my lap watching me type. I have to say Brady is the best baby ever. I just really love this little doll baby!!! Both boys woke up this morning at 9am, so we all got to sleep in. Last night, the boys looked so cute in Brantley’s tractor bed. We all piled in Brantley’s little twin bed and watched Winnie the Pooh. It was so cute I made Stephen film us. I felt like I really deserved that one sweet moment after the time I had getting to that point in the day. Brantley was a handful after he woke up from a two hour nap yesterday. Thankfully, I have a lot of patience.
We had a great time at Stephen’s work family fun day, which was at Kippie Lodge in Portlethen. They had a mechanical bull, a blow up jumping balloon, and face painting. Brantley had a blast. There was a 21 old girl who played with Brantley. She told me that Brantley wore her out on the jumping balloon and that he was good birth control. If she would have seen him after he woke up from his nap after all that playing, she would probably never have kids!
Stephen left for Libya this morning at 4am. My replacement husband, Kevin, is getting in at 4pm. I am going to tell all the neighbors my husband is on a business trip and I am having my boyfriend over, just kidding of course. Kevin is Stephen’s good friend from high school, and he is in town to hook up Weatherford’s computers at their offices here. It will be nice to have company while Stephen’s away. I have Kevin’s room all ready. I guess I better start getting dressed for the day.
It's 8pm and I am writing again. Kevin's plane was delayed in Paris, so he is suppose to be here around 9pm. Danielle, Kevin's wife, called my parent's to try to get our number and my dad relayed the message to me. My dad was so happy to find out Brantley had been asking for him. We were just coming in from being outside to see if we could call my parents on the webcam.
So, much for a routine. Brady slept all day practically, which was good for me. I unloaded another suitcase. Brantley had fun in his toy room that Stephen organized so perfectly last night. We had pizza and salad, Brantley had cucumbers for his salad, around 11:30 for lunch. Then Brantley wanted to take a bath, which is real unusual. Brady sat in the Bumbo chair and watched Brantley have his bath. Then Brady feel asleep at 12:00 and didn't wake up until 4pm. I actually woke him up. I wanted to feed him and get ready for Kevin to arrive. Before Brady woke up I did about five loads of laundry, unpacked, got dressed, and made fajitas. It was so nice out, so we went outside to talk to our neighbors Jane, Caroline, and Steve. Brantley drove his tractor around the yard and the girls held Brady while I chased after Brantley. Brantley was good on his tractor. I have to chase Brantley when he gets on his tricycle and scooter. Then we had fajitas since Kevin wasn't going to get in until late. Brantley feel asleep on the couch at 7pm and he is still sleeping. Brady went back to sleep just long enough for me to type this. He is up and cooing now. So, I will have to work on the so called routine again tomorrow.
Sunday, 13 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment