Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Me Time

Wow, both boys are sleeping! I actually painted my nails and might have a little time to catch you up on what we have been up to. This is some much needed "me time."

Thursday (Aug. 21, 2008) The boys had their shots. Well, Brady had his, but Brantley squirmed so much the needle broke off and he had two long scratches from the needle. I decided Brantley didn’t need the Meningitis C shot that day. The US doesn’t give a Meningitis C shot and my pediatrician said Brantley didn’t need it, since we are only staying here two years.

Friday (Aug 22, 2008) Brantley and I loved having Mom & Tots at our house. We were ready for company. I learned from the other Moms that expats go through different phases while they are over here, the ups and downs. The big companies actually make their employees take culture classes and make them aware of all you can expect when you are an expat. I was homesick last week! It was a combination of the rainy weather, being stuck in the house, and being tired of cleaning up after the kids.

Saturday (Aug 23, 2008) We took the kids to an indoor wave pool by the beach called Beach Leisure Centre. Brantley had a blast! He loved riding a fast water slide with Daddy. Brady and I watched and ended up just sitting in the pool. When we got home Stephen and I watched the movie “Braveheart.” It was really interesting watching a movie about Scotland and learning more of the Scottish history. The movie actually inspired us to get out and do some exploring on Sunday.

Sunday (Aug 24, 2008) We drove up to Inverness where we visited the Urquhurst Castle and took a boat ride on the Loch Ness river. The views were spectacular. We missed seeing the Loch Ness monster. The boat before us spotted him, kidding of course.

No comments: