Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 15 August 2008

This Weeks Firsts

Monday, August 11, 2008, Brantley sat on the potty and tee teed. After Brantley’s bath, I ran into the other room to get a diaper. When I returned, Brantley was peeing on the bathroom mat. I picked him up and he peed in the potty. Brantley and I celebrated by clapping, dancing, and eating Skittles. Brantley got one Skittle for going on the potty and one for flushing the potty. That was the first and last celebration, so far. Brantley thinks it is more fun to pee in the tub during bath time. He lets me know he is going to pee every time he takes a bath.

I worked out two weeks in a row, now that is a first, since I have been back in Scotland. The 100 year old building across the street from Salli has a cardio workout every Monday at 6pm. The only problem is the melanoma scar on my leg has gotten bigger after every workout. The good part is I get an hour of kid free time and my jeans are a little looser.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008, Brady had his first taste of carrot baby food. He loved it! He had half a little jar. After his meal, he slept for four hours. That isn’t unusual for my little butterball, but I did get a little cleaning up done. My cleaning mainly consisted of cleaning the poop Brantley got everywhere when he took his diaper off and wanted a bath.

I fried my first pork chops. They tasted pretty good, but Stephen and I like thin pork chops and these were a little too thick.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008, The first time Stephen watched the kids twice in one week. Two kid free nights for Mommy Christi, wow that was nice! I had a Mom’s night out dinner at Dizzy’s Restaurant with six other American moms. During the day, Salli took us to Hoodles, a play place for Brantley. I think all the playing helped with the babysitting; even though, Stephen said he didn’t have time to eat that night.

Thursday, August 14, 2008, Brady had his first babysitter. I had Jemma, the babysitter, look after both Brady and Brantley the last hour she was here. That is how I managed to iron all of Stephen’s work shirts.

Friday, August 15, 2008, Brady had his first butternut squash baby food. He loved it so much he cried, if I wasn’t shoveling it in his mouth. He almost ate the entire jar! Brady also had his first trip to Hazelhead Park today. Brantley and I have been once before.

We spent last weekend in Edinburgh with two American couples, the Cobbs and the Morgan’s. I’ll have to elaborate later because it is 2am here and I need to be refreshed for Stephen’s Special Weekend. That’s right, Stephen will be 33 on Sunday! I haven’t been keeping up with the blog because I have been extra busy trying to keep the house clean for Mr. Tidy.

No comments: