The International School of Aberdeen starts the first day of school off with a grand entrance of bagpipe music. Brantley couldn't stand the sound of the bagpipes last year, but he didn't mind this year.
Two handsome Hollis boys starting school. Their classrooms are across the hall from one another.
Today was Brantley and Brady's first day of school. I can hardly believe Brantley is starting Kindergarten and Brady is starting Pre-school. The boys were wonderful. They went straight into their classrooms and acted like it was no big deal. My boys are growing up and I am so proud! Brantley warmed right up to his new teacher and told Mrs. Fields hello. That in in itself is a mildstone. It has taken Brantley awhile to warm up to some of his other teachers in the past. I think he is going to do great in his new Kindergarten class. He told Mrs. Fields he wanted to go by Brant, so we will see if that sticks. I'm used to Brantley, but I like Brant too. I thought it would take longer than Kindergarten to change his name to Brant. Things have been happening so fast lately. I have found it almost impossible to keep up with the pictures and blog.
Brantley has been writing his name for the past month. Well, he abbreviated his name to Brant because it was easier to write; so that is the real reason he decided to go by Brant.
Mr. Brant now has a new scooter for writing his new shorter name. My big boy also lost a tooth in Barcelona. The day we got off the Disney boat he showed us his bottom front wobbly tooth. That night, August 6th, Stephen pulled his tooth with a wash cloth. So many exciting events have occured lately.
Stephen had his 36th birthday yesterday. That is a milestone too. He is on the downside of 30, just like me. We are still young at heart!
Brady was all smiles in his new classroom. He will have the same teachers Brantley had last year.
Brant at his desk with Isabella and his teacher, Mrs. Fields. Isabella is one of Brant's favorite pals and she lives on our street. Brantley and Isabella will get to ride the bus together.
I had a surprise set up for the boys after their first day of school. The boys are into everything Cars 2.
Brady would have to celebrate after a nap. He was exhausted after a great first day of Pre-school.
1 comment:
Great first day of school pictures.
Brant looks fantastic with his tooth out, and I love his new name
Brant. Brady was all smiles the whole time. He is so glad to be able to do all the "big boy" activities. The picture of him crashed on the couch is priceless.
Post a Comment