Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, 23 August 2010

First Day of Pre-K

We had a positive first day! Brantley has great teachers and a wonderful new school. It would have been perfect except Brantley had a big bruise on his forehead. I bribed Brantley to wear another collared shirt by taking him to McDonalds after school. I love Brantley in cute preppy collared shirts. I have another collared shirt picked out for tomorrow; maybe I've broken him of his super casual look. I doubt it, but I'll try again tomorrow. I think the trick is showing him the shirt the night before, and I also tell him he can change shirts when he gets home. Sure enough, he couldn't wait to get out of his shirt as soon as we walked in the door today.






I was very excited and ended up being the first parent to drop and pick him up. We used the extra time in the morning to check out the bag piper at the entrance of the school. Brantley wasn't impressed and kept holding his hands over his ears. It was loud when we got close up for a picture. I didn't get a good picture because Brantley was making faces and covering his ears, but I'll see about getting the pictures out of my phone and posting them soon.

Typical Brantley, I didn't get any stories about school. I did ask him about his lunch and if he ate his blue chips, that is what he calls Cool Ranch Doritos. He said that he wasn't allowed to eat chips; whoops, I guess that isn't part of the nutritious lunch he was supposed to have. At least I packed a lot of fruit, carrots, cucumbers, and a sandwich to make up for the junky chips. I will try pretzels tomorrow.

Brantley's teacher is Miss Karen and she is very nice and approachable. I am so thankful for a good teacher. It makes a big difference for Brantley and me. Miss Karen said Brantley did really well today. He had already painted a picture and found the sand box before telling me to leave this morning.

I love this new schedule too. Mondays are truly a kid free Monday now. I hit the shops and then stopped by the Marcliff for a sandwich and tea. It was so nice to relax and read a book before heading over to pick Brantley up from school. The Marcliff has a sitting room where you can relax on the sofas, have your lunch, and enjoy the quaint atmosphere. This is a perfect place to read a book. This may become my new hangout, since it is right next door to the school.

1 comment:

Sara Richards said...

So exciting! Jon will be there in a week to look at the same school. I still can't believe that you drive on the other side of the car. Thinking it may take some time to get used to that!