Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, 5 July 2010

Summer Please!

I hope the sun stays around some for the rest of the summer. It is already July and it has been cold with only a few warm sunny days.

Where did the month of June go? I must have been busy since I didn’t blog or add to my last posting. The boys are quite a handful right now. I’m trying to enjoy this time and remind myself I’ll miss this phase one day. I spend way too much time cleaning up after everyone, so I’m trying out a new maid this week.

Brantley had a lot of activities with his Blue Nursery and Playgroup. Last week was his last week at both schools and he will start the International School at the end of August.

To celebrate the end of school and the hope of some nicer weather, we went up to Aviemore this past weekend.

We met The Viets Family up at the Highland Wildlife Park. We drove through the park and saw a few animals, but the best part was seeing the tigers, monkeys, and polar bear.


Brady really enjoyed looking for the animals, and he loved the tigers.







We also feed the deer with the Viets family. We went out to the Rotheimurchus Estate, which is a 25,000 acre property. This was an amazing experience. The Rothiemurchus ranger brought out a bag of feed and called the deer. All the deer came running up toward us and before you knew it, the deer were close enough to touch and feed.












We only stayed one night at the Hilton Coylumbridge hotel, but it felt like we were there longer since we tried to fit in all the activities. We checked out the fun house, the heated pool, and Brantley loved having dinner with Lydia. He barely ate because he was having so much fun holding hands and touching Lydia's face. Well, it was a good day and the kids went to bed right after their baths. I got to watch "The Blind Side" since everyone went to bed early.


Before heading back to Aberdeen on Sunday, we drove up to the Cairngorm mountain and rode the funicular train up to the very top of the mountain.


It was a rainy day, but in typical Scotland fashion, the sun would come out for a few minutes at a time. There was a beautiful rainbow when we made it to the top of the mountain. I enjoyed this rainbow while finishing off a yummy cup of hot chocolate.




Of course it was nice and sunny after we got in our car to drive back home.

No comments: