This trip made me nostalgic for all things Texas. I was in heaven at the Madisonville Buc-ee’s gas station. We stopped there on our way to the Hollis farm, and I bought Texas flag magnets and Texas t-shirts for the boys. We had our fill of all our favorite foods too; Mexican, barbeque, Japanese, and Chinese. Okay, Stephen doesn’t like Chinese, but I had Chinese with my dad.
We had plenty of family time, friend time, shopping time, and time for two manicure and pedicures. I am a tad homesick because we had such a great visit while we were in the USA. It didn’t feel as rushed as normal. I still managed to squeeze in all the doctors’ appointments and have the kid’s photos done while we were home. Brantley had his four year old shots, which ended up being about five shots. He was a brave boy, but he wanted to know why I would do that to him. Poor kid, at least that is the last of his shots for awhile.
Our trip was relaxing; except the second day we were in town, our old dog Kirby got attacked by my parent’s neighbor's dog. Thankfully, Kirby is going to be okay, but he had to spend over a week at the A&M emergency clinic. It was a blessing that our family was at Walgreens getting our visa photos when Kirby was attacked. My dad also found out that his PSA that detects his cancer is slowly rising. My parents are watching my dad’s PSA, and we are praying for continued good health for both Kirby and my dad.
WORK IN PROGRESS- BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD POST FOR THE GRANDPARENTS TO SEE THE PICS.
The boys couldn't wait to ride their toys and tractors when we arrived at Grandma's.
We arrived Saturday and my parents picked us up in the big red van. It seems like we never travel light these days.
Sunday we are off to Pearland to see the Hollis family for some fun in the heated pool. I still managed to get some shopping in before the pool party.
We take my mom out for an early Mother's Day lunch at the Japenese Steak House.
The boys loved watching the chef cook. They liked the fried rice too.
More shopping with the boys. The boys needed new shoes for Jenny's wedding. It was a struggle to get them to try on shoes. I think it is safe to say my boys don't like to shop. This stroller car kept them busy and happy for a whole ten minutes.
My mom after saving Kirby from the big dog that lives behind her.
Kirby, after coming home from the vet. Kirby got a bacteria infection shortly after coming home. Instead of getting the tubes out three days after coming home, he was taken to A&M in order to save little Kirbster.
Kirby was my first baby boy. I picked Kirby out of a litter back in December 2003.I wanted a girl dog, but I feel in love with my sweet Kirby and brought him home. He was cuter than the girl dogs.
Chris and Jenny's rehersal dinner at the Houstonian. Jenny is Stephen's cousin. They had a wonderful rehersal dinner and wedding. It was great to see all of Stephen's family.
Chris' parents are from North Carolina and they went all out with a country band. I bet this is what all the people from Scotland think of when they picture Texas.
The Houstonian is beautiful. I made Stephen take pictures by the Texas sized fireplace.
We met Christine out for her birthday after the rehersal dinner. Christine let me borrow her dress, shoes, and jewelry for this night out.
The boys stayed with my parents while we enjoyed the rehersal dinner and time with Christine. The boys loved to play outside, but Brantley would make comments about it being too hot.
The cutest flower girls ever! My favorite nieces – Rachel (6) and Autumn (7)
Nana with Brantley and Brady.
The cousins having a good time dancing. I want to watch my wedding video after seeing these pictures. The reception was at The Courtyard on St. James Place; the same place Stephen and I had our wedding reception. This wedding brought back so many memories of my wedding. I would have taken more pictures and enjoyed myself more; except, Brady is in the terrible two stage. He actually did pretty well, but he is too much of a Mama and Daddy's boy. I would have gladly had someone else look after the little lad, but no; it was just Stephen and me on kiddy duty. Big lesson: always leave your two year old with a babysitter if you want to take it all in. Stephen and I were fighting over who got to eat their fillet mignon and lobster first. The food was delicious, but I ate really fast with a wiggly two year old on my lap. I was spoiled from leaving the kids at home for the rehearsal dinner.
Brantley with cousin Aaron.
Nana with her brothers and sisters.
Another pool party at Stan's for Mother's Day. I misplaced my camera after I took this picture, so I didn't get any other good pictures. Brantley with cousin Aaron. Brantley is checking out his new Buzz bank. My kids are a little spoiled when we come back home.
Headed to the Farm-
We had to stop at Buc-ee's for gas and souvenirs, and then we saw this big bear next door.
We spent most of our time on the three and four wheelers. I usually don't participate in all the farm activities, but I spent a lot of time on the four wheeler with Brantley and Brady. I was scared of snakes, and I figured the four wheeler was the best way to entertain the boys safely. I saw a baby snake the day we were leaving. At least you don't have to worry about snakes in Scotland.
Nana and Brady on the tractor.
After spending two nights at the farm, we drove to Trinity to see my Aunt and Uncle.
My mom with her brother and sister.
Me with my Uncle Kenny.
Uncle Herman and Aunt Jan drove from Silsbee to see us. It was great to see family!
Papa and Grandma "AmMa"
Brady and Brantley playing in the sand.
Splashtown with the Cobbs.
Brantley and Carson had a blast at the water park.
Our first stop to our kid-free vacation - Newark, New York airport for an hour layover. Just enough time to pick up a t-shirt and catch a glimpse of the New York skyline.
I was a little disturbed when I found out we had to fly from Houston to Newark and then to Georgia, but I got over it quickly. It was almost a freebie flight, and I bought a New York t-shirt. I visited New York back in 2003 with my cousins, so I didn't feel like I was missing out too much. When Stephen first told me about flying to New York, it made our trip sound a little dissapointing. I was not dissapointed at all. I ended up loving Savannah and Hilton Head. It was very relaxing and clean.
Stephen looking stressed at the Newark airport. You can see the Empire State building in the background. We also saw the Statue of Liberty from the plane.
I almost bought these shirts for Stephen and Bob.
Savannah Trolley Ride
Hilton Head
Stephen asked me to remove this picture because he thought it was too risqué; whatever. He's in his bathing suit. It's not like he is in his boxers. Anyway, it is the only picture I have of the room with my sexy husband - ha. We had a partial view of the ocean and the Westin Resort was very nice. You can see the Polo bag on the bed. We found an outlet store there in Hilton Head and went to the Polo and Stride Rite store. I actually didn't get anything at the outlet. That was a miracle. I guess I was in a hurry to get to the resort. I did buy the boys clothes at Gymboree, so that was my shopping fix.
A peek at Stephen's Mancation in North Carolina. Well, the link isn't working anymore, so no peeking right now.
One last tractor ride at Nana and Pop's before heading back to Aberdeen the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment