Today we had Mom and Tots at our house and that is when Brady started walking. Today was a beautiful day. I ended up dressing the boys up in their brother shirts Grandma sent them for their birthdays and then we played outside.
We even went on a short walk and Brantley was an angel. He liked having Brady in the stroller, maybe that is the secret. We tried going to the duck pond earlier in the week, Wednesday, when his Kindergym friend, Isobell, was over, but Brantley kept running off on that day.
Brantley feeding the ducks at the duck pond.
Last night was Mom's Night Out and we found the presentation of my potatoes rather amusing.
Tuesday, Stephen returned form Kuwait. He was late getting home because there were protesters at the airport that caused his plane to be delayed. He came home in time to see Brady interact with his favorite girlfriend, Cassidy.
Cassidy and Brady played so well together. Brantley was always close by to make sure he didn't miss anything. Cassidy was so calm compared to Brady. Stephen and I think Brady was showing off for Cassidy.
Brantley had his girlfriend over on Wendesday, but he wasn't feeling well and hardly played. He wanted to watch his t.v. and stay in his tent. Brantley ended up taking a three hour nap after Isobel left, so I guess he really was tired.
Brantley and Isobell at Brantley's birthday party.
So, that pretty much sums up our week. Thankfully, Stephen had a safe trip to Kuwait, I survied my two nights alone with the kids, two playdates, Mom's night out, Mom & Tots, and tons of cleaning. I decided to have the maid every other week, but I may have to rethink that decision. We are hoping to have Nana and Pop arrive next Thursday, but we are hoping they make a full recovery from the flu before we get our hopes up.
1 comment:
Woo hoo! Way to go Brady! Usually the "bigger" kids can't walk until long after they're a year old because they can't support their weight - but not Brady!
BTW - I'm jealous I couldn't meet you all on Thursday night! Those potatoes looked tempting :)
Post a Comment