Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Another Beautiful Day


It was another great day with the sun out. The flowers are starting to spring up and the sun stays out later than its previous 4pm sunset.

We kept thinking how nice it would have been to have Nana and Pop here this weekend, but we are looking forward to their visit soon. Pop is recovering from being in the hospital with pneumonia last week. We decided it would be best to reschedule their trip to see us. Beware if you ever try to visit us in Scotland, it seems like people tend to get ill right around the time they are supposed to come stay with us. The only exception has been Kevin. Nana hurt her back last year right before she was supposed to stay with us, and my dad found out he had cancer in his pelvic bone last year when my mom was scheduled to come over for Brady’s birth. I can hardly believe Brady will be one next Saturday!

Yesterday was a real Friday the 13th for me! Every time I turned around, there was a dirty diaper to change and Brantley managed to get crap, and not just Cheerios and jucie this time, but the real smelly stuff all over the sofa. It is times like that when I am glad the sofa is leather, and I am glad our leather sofas are nicely stored in storage!

I had the bright idea to dress the boys up nice and take their pictures. Brady cooperated with his photo shoot inside the house. It is fun to take pictures of Brady. He typically will put on a show unlike his older brother.






Brantley didn’t want any part of it! He didn’t want to dress up and he had no intentions of going outside. We finally made it outside, but we weren’t happy campers around here. Brady was his typical happy self, except he is such a bear whenever I change his diaper. I honestly think Brady is stronger than me!



So, this is the only picture where Brantley wasn't making a face. He finally snapped out of it once he found some sticks to play with.



Today, Brantley wanted to ride the train, so we drove out to Alford to find the train closed until April. We played at Houghton Park, where the train ride takes you.





After playing in the park we headed to Duthie Park, which has an indoor garden, to escape the wind. Even though it was nice out, it was still really windy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cute grandsons! They looked adorable all dressed up. Wish I was there!