Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, 8 February 2009

Let It Snow and Snow and Snow



The back of our house is the first house on the right. There is a duck pond to the left and a play ground to the right. You can see the duck pond from the guest bedroom and it looks beautiful when it snows like this.


This picture shows the front of our house with our two matching blue cars and two boys. It has been snowing since last Wednesday. I have never seen this much snow and I have never had to shovel snow off the driveway. I guess there is a first for everything. So, I have basically been stuck in the house. I did manage to get out last Friday. I was planning on going to the American Mom and Tots get together, but the boys fell asleep before I even left the neighborhood. The snow really started coming down, so I turned around and have been hibernating in the house ever since. It is a good thing I had some groceries delivered to the house last week. Steve made a run to the store today and got stuck in the snow twice.

Brady is supposed to start his settling in at nursery tomorrow, but it doesn't look like I am going to make that either. I guess I'll have to wait and see about that one.



Stephen's first time to ever shovel snow. I cleared the driveway before he came home from work the day before. I had Brady strapped in the wagon in the garage and Brantley was helping me. Thankfully, the next door neighbor helped me out a lot. He could tell I was out of my element in all the snow.







Before all the snow arrived, I got together with some of the American moms and had a girls night. Movies and dinner for the second week in a row. I am getting really spoiled! I don't remember if I mentioned it on the blog, but Stephen and I actually got a babysitter and had a dinner and movie date night the week before. I could really get used to that! Good thing I got out while I could. I'm pretty much snowed in now.

Other big news in my world: Last Tuesday was Brantley first day at his new church playgroup. I left him for an hour and a half. I took Brady to the community center during our Brantley free time. It was our turn to do "tidy up" or put away all the toys for the toddler group. I got drenched going inside. The one day I don't bring a coat with a hood on it and it pours. At least I had a rain shield for Brady's stroller. Brantley was good, which meant he didn't do anything the entire time I was gone. He starts talking and running for me the minute we walk in the door. The teachers think he is quiet and good. Boy does my boy have them fooled! Brantley just hasn't warmed up yet, I'm sure he will be a handful soon enough.



Brady got in "his" drawer. That drawer has all his baby toys in it. Notice the black eye? It has been over a week since Brantley pushed him down and he feel on some toys. Poor baby, but I am sure there will be plenty more rough housing with my two boys. Brady can almost hold his own at 10 1/2 months.

No comments: