Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, 16 February 2009

Weekend at Avimore



We stayed on the main road and made it to Aviemore in two hours this time. There was at least two feet of snow piled up on the sides of the road, so it was an adventure and entertaining just looking at all the snow. A lot of cars were snowed in. We even saw a car that had flipped over going along a turn. The turned over car freaked me out! That is when Stephen asked me if I wanted to drive. I think I replied with a Brantley saying, “No Way!”

We checked in and headed over to the pool. Brantley, our little water bug, loved the waterslide. Brady didn’t care for the water at all. He didn’t like it when anyone splashed him.



I had a really good back massage while the boys played in a soft play area. My massage included a buttocks massage on each check; which I thought was a little strange, but it made my back feel better.




Our room had two twin beds, a fold out couch, and a pack in play for Brady. We had some fish and chips take out and I was ready for bed.

It was such an ordeal getting ready for the snowy weather with the kiddos, but the next morning we managed to get everyone dressed and make a quick run to Tesco, the grocery store. Then we had a quick breakfast at the hotel. Stephen and I had already eaten cinnamon rolls, so I just grabbed some eggs, pineapple, and toast to share with the kids. Stephen was holding Brady when I gave Brady a little bite of toast. The next thing I knew, Brady was spewing like a waterfall. The poor baby vomited all down his jacket and all over Stephen. To make matters worse, Brantley decided to come over and dance in the big vomit puddle. What a crazy breakfast. It was so gross; I had to laugh it off a little. We just cleaned up and got ready to go.



The plan was to ride a train up the mountain and have lunch, but they had already closed the mountain off to all vehicles by the time we arrived. We had a fun time playing near a frozen lake where people had made some cute little igloos.

I almost had a heart attack when Brantley started running off toward the frozen lake! Thankfully, he decided to come back before falling into the frozen lake. I could see us ending up on Highland Rescue or on the news.



You can see the frozen lake in the background. We were with three other American couples and their kids.



The mountain was open to vehicles by the time we were finished playing in the snow. We drove up the mountain to look around, but there were not any parking spaces to be found. It was time for lunch, so we headed back to the hotel and had our favorite Aviemore lunch of steak and cheese from Subway. If you read my blog from our first Aviemore adventure, you will discover that we traveled all the way to Aviemore to eat a steak and cheese sandwich from Subway. I have to say, that is fine with me. Steak and cheese Subway sandwiches are my new favorite treat.
Back at the hotel, I tried to relax and take a nap with Brady while Stephen and Brantley headed back to the pool. Brady wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t sleep. He was a major wiggle worm and a little cranky.

Did I mention it was Valentine’s Day? We met up with three other couples for a romantic Italian dinner with seven kids. All the kids were really good. Brantley was really cranky when we first arrived, but he was tired and ended up trying to take a nap under the table. Brady was out of it and tried to doze off in his highchair too. Yes, it always seems like my kids have some sort of “issue” when we go out. It actually was a very nice dinner, but we had to leave early with our two little snoozers and missed out on the fun back at the hotel too. Brady was running a fever when we got back to the hotel, and I had to baby him all night.

We had a non-eventful breakfast at the hotel. The day before was plenty of excitement for awhile. The ride home was fantastic. Both kids were quiet and good, so we were able to enjoy the scenery on the way home. Overall, we had a good time but I wish Brady had felt better. I took Brady to the doctor today and he has an ear infection.

No comments: