Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Weekend in Edinburgh

Saturday & Sunday, September 20th – 21st
We left around 10:30 Saturday morning for our third trip to Edinburgh. Our first trip was with my mom to get Brady’s passport, second trip with two other couples to see Tattoo, and this trip to see the Edinburgh castle and ride the tour bus. Since I was packing and trying to get us out the door before noon, I skipped breakfast and had two chicken sandwiches and fries at McDonalds for lunch. That was a huge mistake. My stomach is still hurting from those two chicken sandwiches. It took us a little over 2 ½ hours to reach Edinburgh.




Our Trip - We had a very nice room at the Marriot. Once we arrived, we unloaded our luggage and the kiddos and took a taxi to see the Edinburgh castle. We quickly learned that this might not be as much fun as we had originally planned. Brantley didn’t want to stay in the stroller and refused to let us look at anything for more than a second. I kept thinking we really need my mom! How did we manage in Disney World? Oh yeah, my mom. Disney World is a bit more kid friendly than a castle too. You are suppose to allow two or three hours to see everything at the castle. We had the Brantley abbreviated version which lasted less than an hour. We saw the spectacular views, walked through a memorial, and saw the crown jewels. The views were awesome, but we didn’t get to appreciate much more than that with a two year old.





We hopped on a double decker open top roof tour bus and went back to the hotel. I was ready to get back after that little adventure. Pizza Hut delivery and we were all in bed by 7:30pm. The bed at the Marriot was worse than the bed at the house, and Brantley was a lousy bed partner. All the kids were up by 5:30am, so we were up and ready to see more of Edinburgh that morning. Thankfully, Brantley didn’t strangle himself with the hotel phone, but he came close several times. At first I thought it was cute that Brantley kept picking up the phone and asking for Bob the Builder, but the cuteness quickly wore off. Other fun hotel happenings: Steve dropping a bunch of my toiletries in the toilet.

It was a beautiful day. We couldn’t have asked for better weather. I talked Steve into going for a little walk up Arthur’s Seat, an old volcanic mountain. That didn’t last long, and I won’t blame Brantley this time. It is mainly because we are out of shape.



We were off again, this time without a stroller; which actually worked out better. I got to see all the stores from the bus. I even went in a few, but I never had enough time to actually buy anything. Mom, where are you again? We had lunch at Quiznos. No outdoor pubs or restaurants for us because Brantley will run off. A few peeks inside some stores and a few more bus rides and all the fun was over. I can’t wait to go back again and see the Palace of Holyroodhouse. We walked by it several times and I would have loved to see it, but there is always next time; hopefully. Mom, can you please come back?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008- Brady goes to the doctor because it sounded like he had croup. The doctor said he had a viral infection, but he was fine. That night Salli and I go up to the community center to help clean the toddler’s toys. I got home around 10:45 pm and forgot to lock the car. The next morning when Steve got in the car to go to work, he discovered the car had been gone through and the satellite navigation system was gone. Very scary, but I did leave the car unlocked.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 - We drove around and saw most of the things on the North Sea Trail brochure I picked up. We went up to the Torry Battery monument and looked at the animals at Doonies Farm. Duthie park was having their 125 year anniversary, so we stopped by there. We went there for the first time when my mom stayed with us. Brantley loves the big slide there. I don’t have any pictures because I forgot the camera on this outing. I had a bad outfit on, so just as well for me. Finally, we made our way to Asda, the Wal-Mart here. A weekend just wouldn’t be complete without McDonalds, which they have at Asda, and some painful shopping. Just thinking about the crowds and the bad shopping carts puts me in a horrible mood.

Brady’s first runny nose – September 14, 2008 (One week from being 6 months old)

No comments: