Is hunkered down a real word? It sounds like Texan talk, but the news caster in Scotland even mentioned Texans hunkered down for hurricane Ike. Yep, it is an actual word meaning to squat down close to the ground. I am going to always relate hunkered down with hurricane Ike. Wow, Ike turned out to be a Big storm. Stephen and I have kept up with the storm for the past two days by watching the sling box and the live feed from channel 2 and 11. We have been glued to the computer for the past two days. Thankfully, most of our family and friends had minimal damage from the storm.
No threats of hurricanes here in Aberdeen, Scotland. I do prefer hot weather to cold, but there are always positive and negative to every situation. I prefer everything in moderation. A little cold is okay. A little warm is okay. Anything too extreme is always bad in my point of view.
Stephen took Brantley swimming today with Carson and Dave. I stayed at the house with Brady. Brady kept me busy for the two hours the other boys were out swimming. I have to get out of the house tomorrow! I think I am experiencing a bad case of cabin fever. Stephen said it would be my day tomorrow. I am planning a trip to see dolphins. Brantley loves airplanes and dolphins right now among several other things; trains, tractors, coloring, etc….. I’ll try to keep you updated.
Saturday, 13 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment