The boys first time at Disneyland Paris in August 2009. Brantley was three years and five months old. Brady was sixteen months old.
We are greeted by Pluto when we arrive at the New York hotel. This was perfect because I would later find out that Pluto is Brady's favorite character. He is somewhat scared of Mickey and Minnie.
Two excited brothers ready to see the park. Brantley, six years old, and Brady, who turned four the week before, are great ages for the Disney experience. Hopefully, Brady will be able to remember this trip.
The River Boat in Frontier Land.
The boys were in heaven with pirate ships and corvettes.
It's a small world ride. I loved seeing all the places we have visited while in the UK. I loved the little Scottish figures and the kilts.
France and the Eiffel Tower. The boys can check that off their list now.
Italy and the leaning tower of Pisa. We saw that during the Disney cruise last August.
I can't resist a weenie dog. It reminds me of our first dog Kirby.
Germany, I got to visit Munich last October. I have enjoyed seeing so much of this small world.
Completed in 1836 the Arc de Triomphe stands 164 ft high and is the customary starting point for victory celebrations and parades. Napoleon promised his men they would go home beneath triumphal arches after the Battle of Austerlitz's victory in 1805. The traffic and driving around the roundabout at the Arc is crazy. I made sure I held on to the boys. It was hard because they wanted to play in the rocky pavement.
The boys on the train ride to Paris.
The boys first visit to the Eiffel Tower. I tried to get a lot of pictures.
The boys were mainly interested in playing at this park. Playing and ice cream were on the boys' agenda.
The weather was fantastic. It was so nice and warm; Brantley had to take off his long sleeve shirt. The heat was a good excuse for some ice cream.
Brady was not impressed with Minnie Mouse. He just about refused to have his picture taken with Minnie.
Before we could say goodbye to Disneyland Paris, I had to take another picture of us with the castle.
We were lucky to see a parade on our way out of the park.
Brady petting his new dog Pluto, so sweet.
We had a great trip and were a little sad to say goodbye. I think it will be awhile before we are back for another visit. The boys were able to do more than in the past. We definitely had a Disney marathon with a ton of walking and riding rides. It is still hard to wear out our two energized boys. I thought they would want to rest after all the activities, but we still went swimming at the hotel pool twice. My boys are growing up. They weren't into the characters like before. I'm glad the boys were able to enjoy this great experience. I'm actually Disneyed out after all our Disney trips. The Disney Cruise, Disneyland Paris twice, and Disneyworld Florida, when Brady was only eight weeks old. I hope our next vacation is at the beach. My kids are happy with a pool and a swing set. I'm looking forward to a Texas vacation next. It's been great, but Paris and the UK still doesn't compare to Texas. I can't wait to get back to constant sunshine, family, and wonderful service. Two more months and we will be back in my home state. I say I love constant sunshine, but I'm not sure if my white skin can take all that sun. It is going to be a shock to my system, but I'm ready.
1 comment:
Christi, what brilliant photos! It looks like you guys had a blast. Some of the Eiffel Tower ones look so good you could get them blown up and put on a canvas - what an amazing reminder of the fun you had. Look forward to catching up with you this week and hearing al about it :-) xx
Post a Comment