Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, 12 April 2012

Happy Easter

I love the Easter card I picked up this Easter. Sometimes, you should just say it with a Hallmark card.

The Easter Story: Lord Jesus was sent to live here on the earth to teach us the meaning of love And how we should live by the most holy word of His Father in heaven above… But powerful men were afraid of His teaching and how many followed His way, So they said He must die and they nailed Him up high on an old wooden cross one dark day... But when three days passed, Jesus rose and ascended to sit at His Father’s right hand, To save all mankind from their bad, sinful ways, just as the Lord God had planned... So the glad Easter story we hear every year never loses its wonderful touch- Our Lord sent His Son to die here on the earth for He loved all His children so much. Happy Easter!

I picked up this card in a hurry, but I love the simplicity of it. I find it hard to talk to others about Jesus, but at the same time I feel driven to talk about Him and make Him known. God has always been faithful, and He continues to answer prayers. He continues to strengthen my faith in Him. He is with me through all my struggles and helps me overcome. I am truly thankful for all he has done, and I want to honor and glorify Him in everything I do.

I didn’t always think Easter was a big deal. It was an excuse to get dressed up and go to church one time during the year. It was all about things: eggs, baskets, and bunnies. Easter is so much more. I hope I teach my children the real meaning of Easter, and I hope you know the real meaning too! Sometimes life becomes all about things, but the real meaning is in Jesus. I hope you have a relationship with Him. When He becomes the focus in your life, things do not matter like they once did. I am happy to go anywhere and do anything with God in control. God has a great plan for us, and I am ready to serve Him. Our next adventure will be back in Houston, Texas. I am excited to see what God has in store for our family. We purchased a new house last week. There is no doubt in my mind this is where we are supposed to live. It just happened that someone else backed out of this great house, and we were able to close on it within two weeks. Am I a little nervous that I haven’t seen our new house? No, not really, but the designer in me can’t wait to see the house in person and start my magic. Stephen thinks he is Mr. Decorator, but I’m the real designer in this family. Another bonus that comes with this house is having our old neighbors back. Salli and Dave will be around the corner again. We loved having them so close in Scotland, and it will be fantastic to have them around the corner in Texas too. The boys are already planning their sleepovers with their cousins and neighbors. Let the countdown to Houston begin! I believe we are ready to head back home to Houston.

Stephen is in Texas working and getting the new house ready. We need new paint and new flooring. It was sad without Stephen here for Easter. Brantley said it wasn't the same without Daddy here. It is going to be hard with Stephen traveling back and forth to Houston until we move. There is a lot of unknown with what is going to happen. Stephen's company is being sold to National Oil Varco. This makes me apprehensive about our move, but I am counting on things working out for the best.


We celebrated our family Easter the weekend before the actual Easter Holiday. We enjoyed church and lunch out with Stephen. This is at Union Square mall after we finished our lunch at Chiquitos.


Daddy had the early morning flight on Monday morning. The boys and I were on our own for the rest of the Easter break. We attempted to dye Easter eggs that evening. The eggs didn't turn out that well because of the brown Scottish eggs.


We woke up to six inches of snow on the ground the Tuesday morning before Easter.


The snow in our backyard.


It looked magical and beautiful with the snow in the trees.





Hopefully, our last snow day and we made an Easter snow bunny.


Brantley loved his football camp the week before Easter.






Brantley inside a big bubble at a birthday party.



The Easter Bunny made a stop at our house.



The boys dressed and ready for church. They made Easter cards at bible study. Brady wanted to give his Easter card to his cousins and Trent and Landon.


Brantley looking smart in his first tie. They say smart over here for looking very put together and nice. I think he looks smart and handsome. Brady refused to wear a tie.



We had an Easter lunch after church.


We met the Richards for Easter dinner at Kippie Lodge. We had a high tea with a visit from a funny looking Easter bunny. I really enjoyed the chicken fried chicken. The boys showing off their eggs and chick arm paintings.



Brady's favorite part was the chocolate cupcakes on the tray bake.






The boys loved having Easter egg hunts in the house.





Tuesdays are Brady's day off from school. We had a full day of fun with an Easter Egg hunt at the American Women's Association Mom and Tots, games at the house, and he finished off some chocolate eggs.



Overall we had a great break with Disneyland Paris, snow, football, the Kippie Creche for Brady, Easter egg hunts, plenty of treats, and our continued confidence in the Easter story. Easter is so much more than eggs and goofy looking Easter bunnies. My favorite part of the break was having the boys ask me to read their bibles to them several times this week. God is so Good, and I want my boys to know what is really important. A love for the bible and God is my greatest hope over all things for my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The boys are so handsome in their Easter clothes. Tell Brantley his tie looked great, and Brady is so unique in his own way of choosing not to wear one. Glad that you celebrated the real meaning of Easter. We are counting the days until you will be back in Texas. The boys will love their new home!
Miss you!
Love,
Nana