Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, 3 October 2011

Good News Houston - We will see you soon!

It looks like we are moving back to Houston summer 2012. How exciting to have a new decent car, house, normal size washer and dryer, and I will be back to my normal shopaholic self. I really don't have the patience to shop here, so I am looking forward to some much needed shopping in the future. I am getting so excited just thinking about it. Sun, family, awesome food, outdoor pools, flip flops, cute sundresses, and all the conveniences and shopping I miss. I was prepared to go and do whatever our next adventure had in store, but I am thrilled and looking forward to moving back home to Houston, Texas. I can't wait to take the boys to the rodeo and show Brady what being a Texan is all about. My little Scottish lad doesn't know what he has been missing.

We are enjoying our time here. It has been a fun journey living in Scotland for almost four years now. The hardest part for me is the weather and the food. I am sure I will miss the delicious strawberries and cucumbers here. The strawberries are so sweet and the cucumbers are great too.

It is hard to figure out what to do here on the weekends. The movies and TGI Friday's are still top on my list, but it is nice to do something different. Lately, we have been going to theatre shows, hanging out with friends, and enjoying some unusually nice weather. The sunny weather lasted for three or four days without any rain. We enjoyed it while it lasted. The weather is back to Scotland's typical dreary and rainy weather.


We went to His Majesty's Theater to see the Numberjacks. Numberjacks is an UK television show that my boys love. I wish I could say the show was fantastic, but I was disappointed. The kids didn't mind that the acting and the show wasn't as good as the other shows we have seen.



A statue of William Wallace, that I have never noticed before. I'm going to start snapping more pictures and paying more attention to things since we will be home soon.





The William Wallace Statue is in front of His Majesty's Theatre.






A nice sunny day deserves a trip to the Beach Boulevard.



Ready for a night out on the town. Stephen and I went to Prime Cuts with Sara and Jon. Afterwards, we had our first whiskey and wine tasting with the AWA.


The boys in front of our house and cars. I'm ready to upgrade houses and cars in Houston!


Hugs, before and after church.


Brady loves to give me hugs.



The boys enjoying the GREAT weather in September. We had a picnic and ice cream at Hazlehead Park.


What a cutie! I love Brady's smile!





My sweet boys before church. The boys are doing so well in their bible classes. They love giving money for the offering and for their bible classes.






The boys before Brantley's first proper riding lesson.



Brantley's horse was named Roary.




Brantley and his kindergarten class performed two Australian songs at the school's assembly this morning.

2 comments:

LizW said...

You don't know me from Adam, and I honestly cannot tell you how I found your blog, but I have enjoyed reading about your time in Scotland. I must admit I was sorry to read you are so happy to be leaving Scotland, as it seems you have a comfortable life there. Having two smaller cars and (from the photo) a very nice looking house and shopping for what you need on a daily basis is a pretty good lifestyle to me. I hope your sons will remember their time in Scotland fondly.

Christi said...

Dear MN Mom,

Scotland has been a wonderful experience. We have been blessed with great friends, neighbors, and a nice house in a family friendly community. I would recommend moving to Scotland. I'm just excited to see what God has in store for our next chapter in life. We have been very blessed and comfortable here in Scotland, but I'm counting on God to do even bigger things in our lives. I'm glad you found my blog; eventhough, I secretly hope and think only my mother-in-law and a few friends read it. Enjoy just the same, and please feel free to ask any questions and post comments. Christi =)