Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, 8 September 2011

Free Time or Not So Much?

What I love about being a stay at home mom is giving my all to my kids. This stay at home mom job is exhausting and yet so rewarding. I'm going to volunteer and be there for my kids as much as possible while I can. Have I mentioned that I am Brady's room mom? That is easy, but I just need to remember all the stuff in my kids' schedules. The boys are busy little kids, and they keep me very busy.

So, it is great having both the kids in school. The majority of my time still goes into cleaning, a little into my "me" gym time, and I have a long list of to do things. I hope to get to my lists soon, but my schedule is already getting filled up quick. I'm happy to start up my BSF, bible study, next week. I have also signed up to volunteer at the school library twice a week, so we will see how all that works out. I have plenty of time now, right? I'm pretty much running around all day from 6:30am until the kids go down. I'm usually too exhausted to do much once they are in bed. I do have my occasional late nights, like now, when I like to catch up on my blog. It is fun, hectic, and all together not so bad. In a nutshell, I am one lucky lady.

Today, Brady and I went to his Footstars football and then headed over to the school. We surprised Brantley by having lunch with him. The hot lunch and the AstroTurf football field is apparently Brantley's favorite part of Kindergarten. At the School's Open House tonight, the teacher showed a video of all the kids saying what they liked about Kindergarten. The majority of the kids said they liked drawing or reading. Brantley said he liked the AstroTurf on the football field. I always feel like there is a funny story behind every incident.



My favorite part of the day was eating lunch at the school cafeteria with my boys. It was priceless having to give up my favorite seat next to Brantley because his friends were fighting to sit next to him. I love that! Plus, it was easily resolved. I love my happy go lucky boys, all three of them.

No comments: