Brantley's 5th Birthday - A Pirate Party!
I thought I took a better picture of the cake after I finished decorating it, but I can't find it. You can sort of see the cake in this picture. I made a special trip to Toys R Us to get the playmobile pirate accessories for Brantley's cake. This was my first attempt to decorate a cake, so it turned out presentable in the end. Brantley was happy with the blank cake when we picked it up from Costco. I thought it was going to be a battle to get it decorated. Both Brantley and Brady had to argue with me about how toys shouldn't go on the cake. They both ended up liking the cake once it was finished. I could stay on this blog all day and tell story after story about lovely days with my boys. This cake story is just a small taste of what I get to enjoy each and every day. My boys always come around in the end, but I can't wait until it gets easier for me. Most bloggers will sugarcoat everything, and I'm here to say it is tough. That is the real reason I haven't blogged this year. I haven't found the time, and I am usually too exhausted to stay up late; 12am right now, to blog. After all is said and done, I love it and I love my boys. My days may be a little tough, but I can handle it most of the time.
Brantley had a fun birthday party at the Foam Factory with 17 children.
Brantley drew his first picture this week. It is a self portrait with teeth. Brantley is really growing up and maturing. I am very proud of my big boy!
1 comment:
Enjoyed the birthday pictures.
Brantley looks so tall and handsome in his "I Am 5" shirt.
Everyone appears to be having a good time. Can't believe he is five!
Tell him that Nana loves his drawing. Way To Go, Brantley!
Post a Comment