I could be at the hospital or worse, but I have to thank God for watching over us again today! Brantley pushed the television in our room off the dresser drawers today. I was on the couch downstairs giving Brady a bottle when I heard Stephen yelling my name. I woke Brady up by jumping off the couch and running upstairs. All I saw was the television on the floor, so I starting screaming, “Where is he!” That is when Brantley said, “I’m here and I’m sorry.” Brantley was in the corner behind the disaster. He was happy to have retrieved his little lunch box that had fallen behind the dresser.
We have changed out the dresser and have taken extra precautions to make sure that doesn’t happen again! I am still concerned about the television. If I have any doubts tomorrow, the television is going outside in the garage. Now I am going to be even more paranoid about the kids than normal. I usually watch Brantley closely because he is prone to getting hurt. The poor kid always has a bump or scratch. We were super lucky today!
Other than that slight disaster, we had a fairly good day. Before my serious trauma, we had a good time by the beach. The boys played at Rambo’s, an indoor play area. Brantley had a blast and didn’t get hurt. We went outside to the carnival and rode a few rides. It was cloudy but it wasn’t too cold. I had a light sweater on and it felt pretty nice out. Then we ate at TGI Friday’s. I needed a beef fix, since I have mainly eaten chicken since being back from our Houston trip; so, I had a cheeseburger.
It is one a.m. now, but I have so much more I want to type. I’ll just abbreviate and try to elaborate more later.
Last weekend we went to a light house and it was pretty nice. It was a lot better than I had expected and my camera wasn’t charged. The one weekend when I could have gotten some really good pictures, my camera was dead. The view was fantastic from the top of the light house. It was a little tricky climbing the stairs up with the kids, but we made it okay.
Brady’s molars have broken through, so I am hoping his nose will stop running constantly. He had a major case of teething all week.
Wednesday, I took the kids to play at Hoodles and they had a great time. That evening, we left the kids with the babysitter and had dinner with another couple, Sean and Lisa, from Stephen’s company.
Thursday, I visited Brantley’s playgroup and saw him interact. I was really impressed with the class. The teacher made every one mind. The kids all raised their hands and said, “Here” when their names were called. After their names were called they would stand up in front of the group and talk about the toy they brought to class. I was impressed watching Brantley go up and talk about his Donald Duck baseball he got last year at Disney World.
I had a lot of school stuff this week. Thursday night, I went up to Brady’s nursery for their open house. I got to see pictures of Brady, and I looked at the classroom he will move to in September. Brady is signed up to go two full days starting in September.
Friday, another fun Mom & Tots. Brantley loved Laney’s house with a sand box, trampoline, and a little cookout house that he thought was his own little playhouse. Of course Brantley bumped into someone on the trampoline and has a busted upper lip, but he got over it quickly and still wanted to jump.
Saturday, 13 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment