Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, 7 May 2008

Hello Houston

We arrived in Houston Friday, May 2nd. It was an experience traveling with two boys. Brantley tried to run off several times in the airport, and Brady's ticket wasn't showing up in the airline's system. We were very lucky to make our connecting flight in Amsterdam. Stephen got a good work out running with the baby carrier to make the flight. Nine hours later, my dad picked us up at Intercontinental Airport. It was a typical hot humid Houston day.

Stephen's parents and my aunt and uncle, Jan and Herman, were at my parent's house to welcome us home. Brantley loved seeing everyone and especially his tractor and Kirby.

Christine, my good friend from college, picked me up Saturday for a day of fun. We celebrated her 33rd birthday a few days early by getting manicures and pedicures and going to Gringo's for lunch. Today is Christine's actual birthday. Happy Birthday Christine!!!!

Sunday, we were over Stephen's parents and went over to Stephen's brothers for lunch. Before we could even have lunch, Brantley was in the pool. Somehow - Stephen, Brantley ended up with his clothes off and a pink life vest on. The next thing I know I am jumping in the pool, with all my clothes on, to retrieve Brantley. He had a life vest on, but I saw his head go under the water and the crazy mom that I am reacted. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. The pool party started a little too early for me. The kids had a good time, but I was still recovering from jet lag, a cold, and blood shot eyes.

The next two days we hung out at Stephen's parents’ house. I made a trip to Wal-Mart and Whataburger. Nana made chicken fried steak and meatloaf. Aaron, Brantley's three year old cousin, came over yesterday to play with Brantley. They had a good time playing together. I was craving Papa John's pizza, so we had pizza for dinner.

I set up all our doctor's appointments. Tomorrow the boys see the pediatrician for their shots. That will be traumatic for everyone!

No comments: