Great Thing #1: Clayton, Stephen's dear friend from high school, PET scan came back showing no signs of cancer!!! Clayton and his family are amazing! I got the idea of this blog from his wife, Angela. Her blog really puts mine to shame, but you can check it out at thepaintedhouse.blogspot.com. Clayton's story is so encouraging!! It gives me hope, that my dad's scan will come back cancer free too. God is definitely Great and He does amazing things!!!
Great Thing #2: I do not need surgery! The last ultrasound I had before we moved showed a 3cm cyst on my right ovary, which would have required surgery to remove. The ultrasound on Monday showed no signs of a cyst; everything was perfectly normal.
Great Thing #3: We had a wonderful Mother's Day at Stan and Genny's! Brantley was good in the pool. He even jumped off the diving board. My brother-in-law, Jeff, cooked some yummy steaks and the heated pool was perfect. I had a great time and so did my parents.
Great Thing #4: Seeing friends over the weekend. Lauri and Jeff had us over for hamburgers. Kevin & Danielle and The Nathan's, Todd, Amy, Austin, and Philip were there too. The five boys had a blast! Can you believe that we all had two boys? Except for Kevin & Danielle who have two adorable weenie dogs. Amy and Angela break the mold by throwing in an extra girl, but there are a lot of boys! Stephen mentioned it was all the clean living they did in high school that blessed them with all those boys, ha, ha. Of course there is the Aggie versus Longhorn rivalry between Stephen and Todd. Philip made sure to tell us Hook em Horns. Stephen has a way of manipulating little Philip to say Gig em.
Great Thing #5: Monday Girl's Night is alive and well again. I used to meet up with Kristen and Christine almost every Monday to watch the Bachelor. I had dinner with Kristen and Christine at Pappasitos Monday and we had to talk about the latest Bachelor. You know you have great friends when you have been away for awhile and it seems like you never left. Thanks for the fun times girls!! We are meeting up next Monday for dinner again. I can't wait!!!
Great Thing #6: Brady has his circumcision scheduled for this Friday. He will be eight weeks old, the cut off for not having to go under local anaesthesia. It is nice that I don't have to worry about him being put under, but I am also worried about our little angel being in pain. After all these great things, I know he will be okay. It still would not to hurt to say a quick prayer, so please keep us in your prayers. Thanks and I hope you have many great things happen to you this week!
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment