Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, 19 April 2008

Second Day Without Grandma

My mom is back in Houston now. She had a five hour lay over, but she said the flight was fine. I was probably feeding Brady when she arrived in Houston. My plan for the 3 a.m. feeding didn't work out too well. Brantley cooperated last night and was in bed by 8 p.m. Brady and I were in bed by 9 p.m., but Brady ate at 11 p.m., 1 a.m., 2 a.m., and 4 a.m. I woke Stephen up at 5 a.m. to take over with a bottle. Then Brantley woke up at 6 a.m., so I changed his diaper and put him in bed with me. I got to sleep somewhat until 10 a.m., but Stephen still wanted to know why I was grumpy. I think it had something to do with him calling my name every 10 minutes to get up.

Today was pleasant and very beautiful outside. Stephen took Brantley to the park to meet up with Dave and his kids, Camryn and Carson. I spent my time trying to get ready and feeding Brady. Then we went on a walk around the neighborhood. There are a lot of trails here. That was great exercise for us, especially since we are both out of shape. Hooray, I am wearing normal jeans today. Ten more pounds and I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight. I have already lost 20 pounds! That is the great thing about breastfeeding; you can eat a lot and still loose weight.

Things are so nice right this second. Brady is sleeping, Brantley is watching cars, and Stephen is picking up coworkers to eat at TGI Fridays. Stephen is bringing me back a cheese burger too. It doesn't get much better than that around here!!

No comments: