Thursday, 3 May 2012
Our Weekend Dilemma.... What to do? St. Andrews Road Trip
I started golf lessons the Thursday before we made this road trip to St. Andrews. Did my lessons inspire this trip? I wish I could say yes, but like most things in my life; it just turned out that way. I actually wanted to take the boys to an aviation museum this particular weekend, but it was Stephen’s first weekend back from being in Houston. He was jet lagged and wanted to rest. The aviation museum ended up being too far away for a day trip, so we set off to visit the Scottish Deer Centre. The Scottish Deer Centre was close to St. Andrews, so we thought we would drive by there first. We made a day trip to St. Andrews when Brady was a baby, but we only drove by the golf course. We spent our time at the Cathedral on our last visit. This time we were taken in by the golf course. The boys were interested too. I was mainly interested in the retail therapy and purchased a few Old Course souvenirs. Stephen was familiar with the Old Course since he went to the Open Championship game with Trey and Price in 2010.
The Hollis boys acting tough and silly.
The boys were serious when it came time to play golf. We were excited to find out that we could play putt-putt golf or what the Scottish call crazy golf on the Old Course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment