Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Brantley's 6th Birthday

We have been celebrating Brantley's Birthday all week. Brantley loved being recognized for having a birthday at the ISA elementary assembly. Brantley was excited to take part in a birthday quiz and have the students sing a birthday song to him.




Brantley had cake with his class on Friday.


We celebrated Brantley's last day of being five by going to Brantley's favorite place, TGI Friday's. We also went to the movies to fulfill all his birthday requests.



Love the hat! Brantley isn't a chocolate eater, but that cake didn't go to waste. Brady and I didn't have a problem finishing it off.


The presents and cake are ready for the big day!


Brantley is ready too!




We arrive too early because we are so excited.












What a great party! Both Brantley and Brady said it was the best party ever. That sounds like a success to me. Brantley loved having his friends from school at his party.


In Scotland, you typically don't open your presents at the party. It was like another party once we got back to the house and opened up all the presents. They also didn't allow us to eat the cake at the party. They wrapped up pieces of the cake in foil and put them in the kids' goody bags. I think that is so strange, but it left us with a lot of extra cake.




The boys trying out one of Brantley's new Wii games. They were in heaven.

I can hardly believe Brantley is actually six. I am so proud of what a mature young gentleman he is becoming. The days are still long, but the years are short. This is such a wonderful time in Brantley's life, and I wish I could just bottle him up right now. I love my strong willed boy with a tender heart. He has an amazing amount of love and energy, which brings so much life and joy to my world. I love you Brantley!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRANTLEY!!!

So glad your party was a huge success. I am happy you were able to celebrate with your Scottish friends at school. Oh, what memories you will have later in your life of your experiences in Scotland.
Love you my big 6 years old grandson.

Love,
Nana