Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

A New Year - 2012

A New Year brings a sense of new opportunities, fresh starts, resolutions, goals, and physical and spiritual growth. What will the New Year bring? My hope is in a bible verse that stuck out to me this week. 1 Thessalonians 5:15 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. What a great goal for 2012! I hope you join me in having a joyful and positive attitude. I know you are thinking it will be hard for me to be joyful always, but I will give it a try!

It is easy to be joyful when things are going our way, but who do you turn to when things aren't so great? How do you handle a difficult child, cancer in your family, and the uncertainty of the future? My simple answer is don't worry at all, but put your faith in the one and only God who is in control of everything. My only concern is that you are one of my dearest friends or family members and you do not have a relationship with Jesus. I don't want you to miss out on the faith and peace I have. Don't worry, I'm finished reaching out to you in this blog, but Jesus will continue to tap at your heart if you are not certain of Him. I only hope that you respond to His call because I love you and so does He!

Now you probably think I am a know it all and portray things as glorious and wonderful. Actually, I'm not very good at sugar coating things and picturing things as rainbows and sunny days. That is just not real life here in Scotland. It is mainly rainy and dreary, and I am sure I have blogged about that more than once or twice. I have bad days just like you, and I will usually complain just as much or more than anyone else. Now that it is 2012 and I have a new goal to strive for, I'll try to stray away from some of my typical sarcastic and pessimistic outlooks on things.

My biggest challenge and greatest pride is in my family. I find my three boys, husband included, require my full attention. Someone is always calling my name. It is wonderful to feel appreciated and needed, but I love my gym time and bible study. My days are busy, and I don't feel like I have much down time at all. I think it is just the ages of my boys. They are on the verge of being self sufficient, but they still have a ways to go. I can't wait until the boys can wipe themselves! The bathrooms are my biggest complaint. Boys and bathrooms are just gross, but I do have my own private bathroom that the boys are not allowed to use.

So, what is my point? Well, even though I may feel challenged at times, I am thankful and so blessed with my boys. This week, report cards came in the mail. I was basically crying looking at the outstanding report card Brantley received. Brantley has improved so much this year. I am so proud and excited for him. Brantley still has a hard time focusing, but I am thrilled with his progress. It helps that Brantley adores his teacher, Mrs. Fields. He was doing his homework tonight and he made the comment that he had taken extra time to color his picture so Mrs. Fields would be proud. That melted my heart! I am so proud of what a mature and sweet boy Brantley is becoming. I loved the general comment on Brantley's report card: Brantley is a kind and friendly boy. It is a real pleasure to have him in class. All of Brantley's classmates think highly of him and it is lovely to see him interact with them. Brantley is progressing well in all areas of Kindergarten and is growing in confidence too. He understands classroom routines and follows them independently. Brantley demonstrates a high level of responsibility by caring for his belongings and always being prepared to begin new activities. He is able to complete some great work when he is focused and motivated. Brantley should be very proud of all his accomplishments. Keep up the great work, Brantley! Wow, what an encouragement. I am teary eyed just typing it. I have been through a lot with Brantley over the past year. He was actually diagnosed with ADHD, and I tried medication. The medication didn't work, so I started him on a healthier diet without so much sugar. Brantley eats whatever he wants now, but he is still a very healthy eater. I just thank God! It is wonderful that Brantley has a wonderful and caring teacher he wants to please. I would like to think some of my encouragement and constant attention has contributed and helped Brantley turn into such a wonderful son, who I am very proud of.

Brady's report card wasn't as emotional, and he is my latest challenge. His report just said that the preschool staff will continue to support Brady in his ability to follow instructions. Yes, Brady does what Brady wants. I hope he will be out of the terrible three stage by his fourth birthday, which is in two months.

So wherever you are in your live, I hope you have the peace of Jesus within you this year. I know I will have many challenges this year, but I am confident I will be able to face anything with faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: