Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 10 June 2011

Remembering the Good Times

One day I will look back and cherish all the good memories. There is a lot to be thankful for and the boys are growing up and getting easier. The day in and day out does get to me. We saw "Shrek Forever After" a few weekends ago, and I could relate to Shrek wanting a day to himself. The month of May was stressful, but I managed to get through it and hardly remember the difficult parts of dealing with my precious darlings.



My darling boys.

When I feel overwhelmed with all the boys in my family, I like to have pretty flowers to cheer me up and remind me of God's beauty. There is a lot of beauty and fun in my boys, but I have to remind myself of all their charm in the mist of the daily dramas. One day they will be able to clean up their own messes and then I will miss their childhood cuteness, right?



Peonies are beautiful flowers. I have these in the living room. Gerber daisies, my favorite, are in the kitchen. I guess that lets you know how my weeks have been lately. Actually, it is getting better. I've gotten the boys asleep by 8pm the last two nights. Steve has been out of town and working late. We will see how it goes tonight with daddy's help.

The Good Stuff:

Brantley mastered the exercise skill at Tae Kwon Do this week and received green tape on his belt, which he calls his green stripe. Brantley and I are so proud! I loved seeing him learn how to do his sit ups, pushups, and squats properly.



What great timing, Brantley has been complaining about going to Tae Kwon Do for the past three weeks, but now he is excited and proud to have been rewarded.



The boys have so many fun toys, but they had the most fun with the new bedroom television box. Brantley has started to enjoy coloring and drawing. He has started writing letters. The boys had so much fun hiding in and decorating this t.v. box. I have to say I'm thrilled to finally have a television that plays more than one channel and doesn't have to warm up in order to see the picture. I'm watching a movie in my bed now. I love the little things in life, and blogging and watching a movie is such a treat in my world.



Brady playing in the sunshine. It feels like it is sunny and then raining every other day. Well, the weather can change every hour, so every other day of sunshine is actually a blessing in Aberdeen. Hurry kids, lets go outside NOW while the sun is out.

Rock Climbing





The boys did really well climbing the rock wall at school. Brady was ready to try it out and wasn't scared. I was proud of my two little climbers.


Brady dressed up for church. He finally decided he wanted to wear his cowboy boots. My boys have a mind of their own. Sure, you can wear cowboy boots to church; at least he didn't want to wear his crocs! I"m not sure if I have posted a picture of Brady with his scooter. The boys love this new scooter. Whenever Brantley learns to write his name, he will get a bigger version of this scooter.

Brantley's class trip to Crathes. Brady's field trip to Crathes was the week earlier. Brady was excited to take part in Brantley's nature walk, which was a lot longer than the little walk Brady had with his class.


Brantley rode the big bus there, but he wanted to ride home in our car on the way back.


The boys having lunch in front of Crathes Castle.


Brantley's Preschool class.


Rock Star Hair! Brantley's class got new hair dos from a hairdresser mom.



My turn for some fun! Stephen had a guy weekend in Edinburgh with Clayton. I had a night out on the town with friends at La Bamba.

No comments: