Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Warm beautiful weather in April, what a wonderful weekend! I did the Run Balmoral 5K race this Saturday. I was nervous about running for the first time, but it turned out to be a great experience. The scenery was beautiful. I loved having all the people running with me and hearing little girls cheering made it even easier. I had a life is great attitude running in this race. It was inspiring seeing a man doing the race with prosthesis legs. If he could do it, I definitely could find the strength to run in such a beautiful location. The mountains, the peaceful sounds of the river, the Balmoral castle, and fantastic views at every turn kept me smiling the entire time. I loved waving to the boys at the end of the race. It made me realize what a great experience we are having in Scotland. My reward for finishing the race was getting the royal china plate and pill box to commemorate the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. I love all the royal hype.

We made it to the early church service for Easter and then had lunch at the Pittodrie House Hotel. It was fantastic. We had to get over the initial shock of having the boys in such a fancy setting, but they ended up being on their best behavior and it was enjoyable in the end. I am always a little disappointed looking at my photos after a great outing. Everything was so beautiful and my camera just cannot capture the splendor of it all.



Brady ready for church.


The Pittodrie House Hotel



The lunch menu. I had the beef and Stephen had the chicken.


The view of Bennachie, the highest hill in Aberdeenshire, from the hotel.







The Garden Wall at Pittodrie.








Balmoral Castle for the Run Balmoral 5K







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend! The race, Easter service, lunch, and all the surprises for the boys. They have both become very good at posing and Brady making faces.
Tell them to keep it up!.

Glad everyone had a good time.

Morgans said...

way to go Christi! Im glad you had fun! you are looking rather buff yourself these day, hot mama :)