Do you wish you were perfect? Every consider plastic surgery? I was watching Heidi Montag on an interview about her ten plastic surgeries before trying to go to sleep. Well, I’m up so, why not blog. My point is yes, this MTV bimbo looks good, but what a nut case. Then, I start thinking about myself and how I’m hardly perfect. If you didn’t watch “The Hills” then you may not be familiar with Heidi, but her old pal Lauren is my favorite. I love Lauren Conrad. I think she is such a classy and pretty young lady. Yes, we have a lot in common. Well, I do inspire to be like Lauren and stay away from freaks like Heidi.
Back to Hardly Perfect- In my perfect fantasy I would have full make-up and hair done every day with a cute outfit. To me that means I’m ready for a real job. My job is taking care of the kids now, but let’s face it, there isn’t much point in getting all “pretty” to clean up and run to the grocery store. I’m definitely a getting ready type of girl. If I look like crap, then I feel like crap. I think it is worth the thirty extra minutes to do my hair and make-up even if I don’t leave the house. Stephen would disagree, since we have this discussion a lot around here. He just doesn’t want to watch the kids while I’m getting ready on the weekends; when I tend to spend a little more time getting ready. I want to look good for all the pictures he doesn’t take of me and the kids. Isn’t that the way it goes? People never take pictures when you look good, or so it seems in my hardly perfect world.
Perfect children- I’m working on molding mine into that one day, or so I hope. I don’t want perfection. Perfection turns people into crazies like Heidi Montag, who are way too obsessed. I’ll admit, I have gotten a little obsessed with how to deal with our kiddos. I can’t wait to read some Christian books I ordered on parenting. Focus on the family is my favorite source for getting advice. I’ve read so many blogs and heard all the great stories about people bragging about their kids. My so and so goes to bed every night at 7pm. Well, my two boys aren’t that perfect, but at least they sleep all through the night. I’m happy for that! I have been trying to get the boys into a better routine. My current routine is wearing me out.
I have seen big improvement with Brantley. He is really maturing. My latest tactic is the reward chart and it is working like a charm. Brantley is getting so much better about getting ready in the mornings. He gets a happy face on his rewards chart for getting ready without any whining. Of course, we still have his issue with any type of tags. He goes crazy if there is a tag in his shirt. The worst part is that Brady is starting the same thing because he likes to copy everything his big brother does.
Brady is at a hard stage, the terrible twos, right now. Both my boys have a mind of their own. They want to do everything their way and on their terms. What do I say to all the moms with perfect kids? I doubt you have two boys!
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment