Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 29 May 2009

Our Summer Trip to Houston

We crammed as much as possible into our three week visit. Doctor appointments, dentist appointments, two manicures and pedicures, shopping, eating out, girl trip to the condo, pool party for Mother’s Day, family pictures, kid pictures, seven day trip to Biloxi, out let shopping, guy trip to North Carolina, Astro game, Houston Zoo, Hollis clan at the condo for Memorial Day weekend, dinner with friends, and multiple trips to Wal-Mart.

It was a good time, but this trip was a little stressful for me. I guess we tried to do too much. I still say it is hard to travel with little kids even when you get help from both grandparents. I appreciated the help. I really appreciate it and miss the help now that I am back in Scotland with my two little munchkins. One word describes my two precious boys – Demanding!

We left the boys with my parents to celebrate Christine's birthday at Salt Grass.



Christine and Taylor at Salt Grass. This was our first time to meet Christine's boyfriend, Taylor, and he could be a keeper. He is a Red Raider too.

I loved all my kid free time! My one night get away at the condo with my good friend, Christine, was so relaxing. Stephen had a four night guy get away in North Carolina, which sounded amazing! While Stephen was hiking and white water rafting, I was able to work out an hour at the Beau Rivage. My poor mom tried to take the kids to breakfast while I was working out. Brantley had his big boy underpants on and tee teed at the table. We decided to keep his pull ups on for the rest of the trip! I had one peaceful night sleep giving Brady to Nana and Pop and Brantley to my parents. I wish I could say I stayed out gambling that night, but the big excitement of that evening was getting Brady to sleep and taking a shower. Stephen and I had a very peaceful day at the Hard Rock before heading back to Houston. Brantley was with my parents and Brady went home a day early with Nana and Pop. We relaxed in the room most of the day and I ordered the movie, “He’s Just Not That Into You.” Stephen and I had a dinner alone at Hooters. I picked the restaurant in case you are wondering. I wanted their wings, but the wings at Wings in Things are much better in my opinion.

The Hardest Part is the Plan Ride!



The boys are ready to start our early morning journey to Houston. It is 5am, and the boys loved this soft play area at the Aberdeen airport.



Brady was all Daddy's boy on the ride to Houston, but I wasn't as lucky on the trip back to Aberdeen.

We had a lot of family time besides my much loved kid free time too! My dad finished his radiation treatments, which hopefully destroyed the last bit of his cancer. The kids and I went up to the hospital with my parents to celebrate his last treatment.





My Dad got to ring this bell to celebrate the end of his treatment.

Mother's Day 2009



I didn't take many pictures, but we had a relaxing day at Stan and Genny's pool. I was in the pool most of the time and got a lot of sun on my back that day. My boys gave me a sweet card for Mother's Day.

The Biloxi, Mississippi Trip Begins



AmMa and PaPa with the boys at the Hard Rock Casino Hotel.





The boys loved playing in the shower.



AmMa with the boys at the Hard Rock Pool. My camera took a dive in the water shortly after this picture. Brady fell on the first step and of course I freaked out and got him pronto. My Aunt Jan and Uncle Herman visited us at the pool. I got pictures, but they were all blurring for some reason. I needed a new camera anyway!

So, we stayed in Biloxi for seven nights. My favorite hotel was Hard Rock. The Beau Rivage was nice. I like the Grand Casino pool and their bed and pillows the best. I enjoyed all the pools. The pool is the main entertainment when you are at casinos with kiddos. Staying in a room with my kids for a couple of hours, will drive you nuts. I experienced that scenario several times. That is when I would call Stephen to make sure he was having a wonderful time with his friends.



Brantley playing in the Grand Casino pool water feature.



Brady chilled out by the pool. I love those big thunder thighs!



AmMa and Brantley playing in the pool.



Nana and Pop join the fun!



AmMa and Brady.



Grandparents and Brantley in the pool.



Pina colada party at the pool.



Brantley at the Beau Rivage.



PaPa with the boys at the Beau Rivage.



Christi with the boys at Beau Rivage.



Boys at the Biloxi beach.





PaPa and Christi

No comments: