Today is Stephen and my six year anniversary. I just finished watching our wedding video. Brantley liked watching it too. I guess it was worth waiting two years for the guy to finally finish it! It is hard to believe it has been six years since Stephen and I were married.
I never would have guessed that we would live in Scotland and have two boys. Life is good, except I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up. Interior design is on the back burner, and the boys are my full time job these days.
We celebrated our six year anniversary on Friday. We had a wonderful meal at the Foyer restaurant next to His Majesty's Theatre. Stephen and I both had the salmon, which was in a delicious creamy sauce. The apple crumble dessert was pretty good too. Saturday we went to the cinema with the kids and saw "Ice Age 3." I was so proud of the boys sitting through the movie. Brady lasted almost half way through the movie before Stephen had to take him outside. Brantley loves movies and he can't wait to go again. I need to start a rewards chart and make going to the movies Brantley's reward.
Thinking up stuff to do with Brantley is my new hobby. I am trying to reduce his addiction to television and movies. I guess going to a show isn't really reducing his media intake, but I have made some improvements at home.
Good Stuff:
1. We made it to church two consecutive Sundays in a row. We didn't go today because I volunteered to sack groceries to raise money for Brantley's playgroup. Too bad no one told me they cancelled it because not enough people signed up. I ended up getting to shop two hours by myself instead of sacking groceries. That was a nice anniversary present in my book!
2. I won a smoothie maker at the Ladies Night that helped raise money for Brantley's playgroup. Brantley's playgroup wears me out with all the stuff they do to raise money. They have some fundraising scheme every week, no kidding.
3. I am finally feeling like myself with most of my energy back. I’m taking a multi-vitamin and iron pills. I made it to Jazzercise twice a week for the past two weeks. I actually went on a Saturday last weekend, which was my first time to work out three times in one week. I would like to keep that up as well as taking the boys to church every Sunday.
4. Christmas is right around the corner, and I am excited about staying in Houston for an entire month! The boys and I are going on a cruise to Key West and the Bahamas with my parents, while Stephen is working in Houston.
5. My favorite entertainment is watching the X Factor. I never really got into American Idol, but the X Factor is pretty much the UK version with different judges except for Simon Cowell. I actually like Simon on the X Factor.
6. Stephen has been helping with the kids and giving me some free time. Brantley is doing a lot better with football / soccer with Stephen's help. Stephen has been taking Brantley to his football / soccer class, and it has really improved Brantley’s involvement in the class.
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I forgot this year. Sorry! Glad you had a nice dinner and weekend.
We can't wait to see everyone at
Christmas.
Post a Comment