Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, 10 July 2009

Fourth of July and More

Jacque Jones Hardy is in Aberdeen! Who would have thought that one of my high school friends would be in Scotland. She is only staying a month with her children, but it has been fun seeing them.



Jacque picked the best time to visit Aberdeen. The weather has been great. I have been able to wear my shorts several days in a row.

Brantley's playgroup had a field trip last week at the Satrosphere, and I got to enjoy two hours down by the beach without any kids. It was so great; I even took a picture of my table where I got to read a book and have a scoone in some beautiful weather.



The playgroup is out for summer break now. Yesterday, Brantley and I went down to the Bon Accord Mall and walked around while Brady was in nursery. I had Brantley on his backpack bear leash, which actually works out really well. We will definitely have to take it to Disneyland Paris, when we go at the end of this month.

Brantley is officially potty trained now!!! I am so excited. He hasn't had any number two accidents, but he did tinkle all over the powder bath at M&T's this week. I guess he couldn't reach the potty because he was in the powder bath with his pants down to his ankles. I managed to clean the mess up, and I had extra clothes with me. He has done really well with today being the only exception.

I just got a sweet email from Stephen: I was just thinking about how we went on our first date back in July 2001. Eight years is a long time! I was in Spain eight years ago this month.

So, last Saturday, the Fourth of July, we had a fantastic time with the Hardy family. On Sunday, we had to do something outside since the weather was so nice. We drove down to Stonehaven and enjoyed the open air sea pool. That means it is a regular outdoor pool, except it was heated and it was salt water. They don't like people taking pictures by the pool, but I snapped a few.


No comments: